Mouse Over to Zoom/Click to Enlarge
#6185 - Louis Bleriot Group of (22) Photographs
Wonderful collection of original vintage photographs associated with French inventor and aviator Louis Bleriot (1872-1936), who in 1909 became world-famous for making the first airplane flight across the English Channel, comprising 22 photos measuring approximately 7 x 5, and 8 rare oversized photos on 15 x 11.5 mounts. Includes:
Learn more about our autograph authentication experts...
Subjects of the 7 x 5 photographs include:
- Bleriot/Voisin on the Seine River on June 8, 1905 (did not fly).
- Bleriot/Voisin on the Enghien Lake in 1906 (did not fly) (2 photos).
- Bleriot Type 'Canard' at Bagatelle, Paris, flew 15 meters in April 1907.
- Bleriot Type 'Libellule' at Issy-les-Moulineaux, flew 140 meters on August 6, 1907.
- Bleriot Type 8 at Issy-les-Moulineaux, flew 184 meters on September 17, 1908.
- Bleriot Type 8-bis at Issy-les-Moulineaux in 1908 (2 photos).
- Bleriot Type 8-ter inside the Bleriot factory in 1908.
- Bleriot Biplane Type X inside the Bleriot factory in 1908 (2 photos).
- Bleriot Type XI at Issy-les-Moulineaux on February 9, 1909, flew 46 kilometers from Etampes to Orleans (2 photos).
- Bleriot Monoplane XI crossing the English Channel on July 25, 1909.
- The Reims International Air Meet in August 1909 (3 photos).
- The Paris Air Show in 1908, 1909, and 1910 (4 photos).
Subjects of the oversized photographs include:
- The Reims International Air Meet in August 1909 (2 photos).
- The Doncaster Aviation Conquest in October 1909, the first aviation meeting in Britain (6 photos).
Also includes a beautiful original 35 x 17.75 circa 1909 color lithograph of Bleriot's flight over the English Channel by Ernest Montaut, which has been professionally linen-backed. The print has a repaired tear to the lower left and is affected by several vertical bends. In overall very good to fine condition.