Two bricks removed from the White House during the expansive renovations undertaken by Harry S. Truman, both measuring approximately 8.5 x 4.25 x 2.5, with varying amounts of mortar on the sides. Includes a small plaque with a presidential seal, reading: "Original White House Material, Removed in 1950." In overall fine condition, with expected wear. Accompanied by a packet of information including photocopies of letters to the original recipient from the Commission on Renovation of the Executive Mansion, a photocopy of the bill of lading for the shipment of the White House material, and photocopies of newspaper clippings concerning the sale of White House souvenirs.
Terms and abbreviations used in our descriptions.