Large and impressive original 36 x 24 blueprint for renovations to Fenway Park undertaken prior to the 1934 season, dated September 20, 1933, produced by The Osborn Engineering Company in Cleveland, titled in the lower right corner, "Boston American League Baseball Co., Boston, Mass., Fenway Park Additions, L.F. Grandstand Extn.—Cross Section." The blueprint shows views of the proposed grandstand addition from multiple angles. Rolled and in very good to fine condition, with light overall creasing. In the first week of 1934, Fenway Park's ambitious reconstruction suffered a dramatic setback when a five-hour fire burnt down parts of the newly-constructed left-field grandstand and center-field bleachers. Owner Tom Yawkey persevered and employed union labor to have a dramatically-upgraded Fenway Park ready for Opening Day 1934. Accompanied by a photocopy of a letter from Yawkey to P. P. Evans of the The Osborn Engineering Company, congratulating him on the success of the renovations.
Terms and abbreviations used in our descriptions.