Partly-printed DS, signed “Thos. A. Edison,” one page, 13.25 x 8, July 17, 1901. Stock certificate issued to C. M. Schwab for “One hundred and twenty five Shares of the Capital Stock of the Edison Storage Battery Company.” Signed at the conclusion by Edison as president with his classic ‘umbrella’ signature, and countersigned by John F. Randolph as the company’s treasurer; also signed on the reverse by Schwab, "C. M. Schwab." Receipt is affixed to left edge. In fine condition, with a cancellation hole affecting the first two letters of Edison's last name. The Edison Storage Battery Company was organized in New Jersey on May 27, 1901, to develop, manufacture, and sell the alkaline storage battery that Edison had developed, which was used for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles. A clean and attractive document issued to the influential steel magnate.
Terms and abbreviations used in our descriptions.